SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buying boat from the distance via Broker + paperwork/ownership procedure
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
You are right on 1 & 2 as that pre-purchase agreement stipulates the time frame for everything and conditions. I wouldn't go any further until a faxed copy with the owners signature is received period.

As for the titling - if it is not a US documented boat - do it yourself. All you have to do is have the owner sign the title to you - walk over to DMV and have it transferred. I would though suggest a title search (which you can do yourself as well) to make sure their are no liens on it.

If you are not comfortable with the process - back out and deal with someone whom does business your way would be my suggestion. Plenty of boats out there - and perhaps the lackluster response is because they are busy fixing some items that were listed etc... but who knows....

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook