SailNet Community - View Single Post - Electric Propulsion - solidnav.com
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008

engele is an unknown quantity at this point
It interests me

It's a subject that interests me. I have no financial interest in any sailing product of any kind, as much as I like sailing and wish I could be paid for it, I work in finance.

I joined sailnet to use the lists feature, and have browsed the forums for years. I think I'll stick to the lists.

I also have not claimed to be an authority on this subject at all. I have talked to people who have done it, including an all electric Catamaran and a few monohulls, but never to anyone who used a commercial off the shelf system.

I never advocated any particular product either by the way. My posts don't advertise for anyone. Electric has worked for the people I have talked to.

One of the reasons you might find people post for the first time is when they don't find information existing in the forums. I am considering the pitfalls and whether they are worth it. I think they are.

Aside from all of that, this whole thing seams a bit childish. It isn't what I was looking for, and I wasn't looking for an all pro-electric discussion either.

Anyhow there is no point in arguing over this anymore.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook