SailNet Community - View Single Post - Electric Propulsion - solidnav.com
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008

engele is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
I agree Engele...you have not attacked me (unlike your buddy) and vigorous debate is healthy. But I don't see any attack on YOU either...What I see are members questioning your relationship with solidnav and if you have any PERSONAL financial interest in seeing electric boats become widespread. They are suspicious because you show up talking about electric and your friends company and despite being a member since 2006, you have ONLY posted on this single subject and only within the last few days. There is NO problem if you have commercial interest...but the rules here require you to disclose. So...what's the story?
I don't have a commercial interest. I've met the owner of Solidnav, talked over beer about sailing, and like the idea of electric boats. By the way I did disclose that. I actually would like to see more of them out there, not for commercial reasons, but because I want to technology to move along more quickly and the best way for that to happen is to create demand.

I will probably go this route with a really nice diesel genset onboard. That aside, I am not sure I get the antagonism on the site.

It doesn't encourage people to post for the first time.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook