SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wanted. "Sailboat that will Love Me!"
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Wanted. "Sailboat that will Love Me!"

Hi gang

I know I have been quiet here for a few months, but I have been a little busy with the new job down in Miami. I now commute to Miami from New Jersey. I am now settled down there and flying all over the southern hemisphere with an occasional trip to Paris! More on that latter.
I am in the very serious boat buying business. I have been doing research now for the better part of 3 years, asking stupid questions here in this forum and other place, driving my brokers and friends crazy. My situation has changed three times on where and what my future holds and will probably change again depending on the great mis-management (with their mega bonuses), do with the company I work for. I thought I was going to do a permanent liveaboard with a nice new or near new boat but that has changed for now. So, now I have to commute to Miami, where I am going to do a semi-liveaboard down there and keep my house here in NJ due to spouse's job.
With all your inputs I have narrow my search down to a few boats. What is amazing is they all start with a "C",; Caliber, CS and Cal. I put in an offer on a private Caliber boat but I haven't heard back from him which means I guess it was rejected. This week I will be crossing the eastern seaborne looking at boats. What a way to spend one's vacation! I know anyone that is looking at boats to buy it is a difficult task to say the least. Not to mention frustrating when the write-up doesn't match the actual boat. However, I have gotten smarter over the years, and ask very detail questions with photos to prove it before going down. Also a few sailnet members here have helped me and I thank tremendously.
To keep with the title "Crazy woman boat driver", I leased a great slip in Miami that I am now paying for because liveaboard slips are hard to come by. Now all I have to do is find a boat to place in the this great slip.
WANTED - SAILBOAT THAT WILL LOVE ME AND I HER!
Melissa Renee'
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook