SailNet Community - View Single Post - About To Do It Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003

Jack7 is on a distinguished road
About To Do It Questions

Well once I got past the first couple of ''opinions'' from people with much too much time on their hands, I found some great suggestions...thanks. In particular, the Lectra/San waste treatment approach looks very promising and I''ve checked the harbor I''ll be staying at and it is NOT a No Discharge Zone. Also, lining the interior with insulated bubble-pack is a suggestion that I''d heard before...it''s nice to have it reinforced by someone else.

I''m testing clothing storage bags from which one vacuums the air...they seem to be air tight...so that solves the mildew problem...wrinkling (mine and the clothes) might be a minor annoyance requiring some clever use of steam.

If any of you have created clever storage solutions...send them along. I''m considering having removable shelving built that will reside in the V-berth during the winter months...it''ll the primary storage area for clothing.

In any event, to most of you ;>) thanks for taking the time to help; I was concerned after the first few replies that someone had left a computer in Darwin''s waiting room.

Jack
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook