SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hot watter via coleman propane camping heater?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008

SSBN506 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the advice. The manual says don't use in in enclosed spaces and i of course wouldn't. I assume if it leaked while in use in the cockpit the propane would go out the cockpit drains.

What i am wondering about now also pertains to my bbq that i have yet to use. BTW i just purchased the boat and have yet to use it for a summer.

My outside BBq uses the propane cylinders as would this hot watter heater. Now when you connect on to ether the bbq or hot water heater can you then remove it when finished? Why i ask is i don't have any storage in the cockpit protected from the elements. The previous owner has two of the small green cylinder inside the boat. Would this be safe or should i find a way to store them outside?

In a perfect world i would have the device inside the boat and when i want to use it plug in the propane with it outside use it then remove the propane and bring it back in for storage.

I assume leaking is most likely to happen when the propane is connected to the device. I would assume removing the propane (if that is even possible) would be the safest way to store it. If those canisters cant be removed and i cant store it some ware other then the cabin it would be a bad ide for me?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook