Join Date: Jul 2002
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 14
I neither need, nor want a bigger boat. I would like a more seaworthy boat.
What "good boats" (strong glass, good gear, etc) meet the following criteria?
1. head with shower. (I can handled the hot water part myself)
2. small enough to be easily handled by a 120 lb weakling (including docking etc)
3. not realy reliant on engine, AND good engine access.
4. sails well, even upwind.
5. sensable layout for a single person living aboard (I REALY like the layout of the 270. Gozzard has a similar one, but MAN, what a dog.)
6. Usable sensible galley.
and while I''m at it, I''ll toss in some items the Catalina doesnt have.
6. Traveler aft of the helm.
7. tiller not wheel.
8. small, sensible cocpit.
9. While I''m deaming, one of those galleys that runs the entire side of the boat, with dual basin sink, stove with oven, lots of below counter storage, etc.
10. Oh yhea, and a skeg hung rudder with a nice strong skeg, in case of grounding, or an aft hung rudder for easy maintenance, either of those would be cool. The free hanging rudder on the Catalina doesnt realy set me at ease either.
And that I can aquire, and get up to working specs for a reasonable price.
Toss it at me. I''m not seeing anything out there that is anything like the 270. But I also dont know alot about alot of boats, so if I just missed one, what is it?
I know there are alot of good boats out there that I just dont have the money for. This doesnt change my situation at all. I am looking for a good boat for me, that I can afford.
I dont realy even need an engine.
I dont need a plethora of staterooms, or huge amounts of tankage. I dont need freestanding carbon fiber masts, radar, 105 electrical domabobs, fine mahogany interiors etc.
I need a good, simple boat, with a shower. a shower I work with a foot pump is fine. I dont care. I just need a spot I can stand up, and have water come from above me, belowdecks.
I need it to be around (preferably under) 30 feet.
I need to be able to aford it.