SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ahoy, from a new member
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008
Catalina38driver

dcarey is on a distinguished road
Ahoy, from a new member

I have been boating since I was five and sailing since I was 18. The last 36 years (sailing) have been the best. Sunfish, Mercury class (at camp), my own 22' Catalina and the last ten years racing (at the helm) on a 38 Catalina in and around Long Island Sound. Biggest accomplishment was recently earning my USCG Masters license for up to 50 tons on inland waters. While I have learned a great deal, I am smart enough to realize that there is always more to be learned and more experience to be gained. Trolling around the forums has been very intersting and I've got lost and side-tracked more times than I can count. SailNet experience so far... Great! My first time on SailNet I responded to JT1019 who was looking for help to move his new 41'er from Newport, RI to Deep River, CT... right down the road from me, how convenient. We sent a couple of messages back and forth and the next thing you know we were casting off. The trip and the company was great. I'll keep browsing the forums. Summer on Long Island is almost here. See you out there.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook