SailNet Community - View Single Post - Failed SUNSAIL Charter in BVI''s - Strike Two!
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003

magnusmurphy is on a distinguished road
Failed SUNSAIL Charter in BVI''''s - Strike Two!

Since this thread starts off as: "Failed Sunsail charter" I''d just like to add this:

Include Sunsail in the future options. Like Moorings it is a major company with resources. I''ve returned yesterday from a month long charter in the BVI with
Sunsail. We only had a few minor problems and each time found Sunsail to be immediately responsive and very friendly and professional. I even got to know the dockmaster on a more personal basis and traded stories about our families.

There was one very serious incident one night of criminally boarded boats (even a scuffle with a charterer and allegations of touching of sleeping women). I witnessed some of this incident) by a local person, which soured the end of the vacation for a few people but this could have happened anywhere and really had nothing to do with Sunsail except showing the need for better security in the future. I''m sure Sunsail and the other companies will take note of this and will act appropriately. The police did become involved and hopefully the responsible party will be taken out of circulation.

I''ll make a more detailed report of our trip under a seperate heading later.

Magnus Murphy
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook