SailNet Community - View Single Post - Simple minded looking for a hand out.....
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 05-07-2008 Thread Starter
Duckwheat

Simple minded looking for a hand out.....

The user name has no particular hidden meaning. It is the first user name that I ever used on a forum site. I find it easier with advancing years to remember one user name and password.

I started sailing a few years back after reading blogs in my wife's hometown paper. It was the journals of Lady Ann, I believe a 37' Irwin that circumnavigated with their two kids. Got me thinking.

Bought a 25' Mac off the police chief in Mountain Home, Idaho and taught myself how to sail. First day out was blowing a little better than I wanted. Decided to practice rigging only and see if it died down a little. It did not decided to try it with the jib only. What a gas figuring things out.

I took a class with San Juan sailing in Bellingham, WA and have my bareboat certificate. We have chartered in the San Juans a few times the Abbaco's once.

Very much plotting out the opportunity to go to sea once my favorite daughter goes to college. Then her parents are moving out. I will send a plane ticket to come see us.

That is it for now. My habit is to collect my questions and then post. I appreciate your patience and the ability learn from all of you.

DW
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome