SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Latest Project - New Portlights !!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
My Latest Project - New Portlights !!

Hi All,

I've not been around as much lately because it's that "work on the boat" time of season..

For my latest project I installed eight New Found Metals stainless steel portlights. The transformation from the old plastic Beckson portlights to the NFM portlights is even better than I expected. They are not cheap but when the price is compared against their plastic counterparts they actually become quite a bargain.

The NFM portlights are very, very well built and made from solid cast & polished 316 stainless steel. These are not cheaply made stamped frames! The thing I really like about them is no visible fasteners on the exterior of the portlight..

The biggest benefit, that I had never considered or counted on, is the additional light in our cabin. It's like someone flipped the light switch. I guess there is a visible difference between real glass and tinted plastic..

If you're interested in how to do this install you can read my latest "how to" here (advanced warning this article is quite long):
Installing New Found Metals Ports

Before:

After:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook