SailNet Community - View Single Post - Compass 28
Thread: Compass 28
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
She looks somewhat reminiscent of the oft-recommended Alberg 30. Looks to be a sea-kindly boat, the cockpit is smaller than the A30 so theoretically you'll have a bit more space below.

She'll probably have all the typical issues of a full keel cruiser, notably the difficulty of controlling the boat in close quarters, esp in reverse....

A very different beast from dear old Hartley....
Hmm... Thanks, Ron.

I found this Alberg 30 and it's in the right price range, although this specimen doesn't look too great.

I'll keep looking. I'd love to find a traditional (ie wood!) cutter somewhere in the 25'-30' range for sale here in Oz that was designed and built by someone who knew what he was doing.

I know they exist - I missed getting an old 6-metre years back (before I got married) because it seemed too much trouble at the time - but then, boats always are!