SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI trip report 8-18 Jul 03 (long)
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003

dameware is on a distinguished road
BVI trip report 8-18 Jul 03 (long)

Apparently the Bahamas raised their entrance fee for boaters from $100 to $300 recently. On an online bulletin board I read a posted message from a Bahamian who blasted Americans who load their boats up with Bahamian lobster and fish and then head straight back to Florida, having brought all the food, booze and fuel they would need for the trip.

It looks like the BVI folks are doing a similar thing with the fishing license fiasco to increase the flow of money to the govt. coffers. I wouldn’t be opposed to paying a fair price for a fishing license in the BVI but if it looks like they are trying to make their money with fines and such rather than the cost of the easily obtainable license. If so, that’s ********!!

I’m heading to the BVI in a few months for a bareboat charter and will ask around about the so-called fishing license; where it’s sold, how much…..etc…..

Is this a disagreement primarily between the locals over fishing practices by local USVI based folks in BVI waters, or does it extend to the tourists as well???

Whatever happened to; "don''t worry...about a ting..."??????????
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook