SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cal 27 Sailor needed - Los Ang. Area
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003

panielsen is on a distinguished road
Cal 27 Sailor needed - Los Ang. Area

Brian,

I am not in So. Cal., but will try to help ya free of charge. WE have a 1971 Cal 27 Pop top we just finished refitting, and I think you will be pleasently suprised how easy it is to sail. Your boat has a self tacking Jib, and Main right? That means a car and track system mounted to the fordeck, and cockpit area. If so you are almost sailing!!!!! These boats are so easy to sail, I single hand mine at times. Now, locate the main, and Jib Halyards. Then the line that is connected, or runs through the club for your jib,(Piece of pipe). Once you have located these things, and found a way that is comfortable for you to tighten w/the winches, and cleat them off you are set. Do you have a local sailing/yacht club? If so JOIN!!!!! That is how we learned here in Stockton, CA... That way you can take a seasoned sailer out with you to teach you proper sail trim, and what to do in different types of weather. If you have ANY questions about the mechanics of your boat email me here: panielsen@att.net and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Good luck!!!

Paul
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook