SailNet Community - View Single Post - Death by boom
Thread: Death by boom
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailondreams View Post
Hey, will you lot listen...glynis sure does know how to sail, the press did not report what actually happened. she was forced off her boat when the police and vmr got aboard. and i do mean forced off, as in given no choice about what she wanted to do. you have no idea also about the circumstances of the death, so comments about cpr are guesses made by reading media reports that are Not Accurate, okay?

Does anyone actually read all the way through any posts? This boat had a boom brake fitted, and the rest of the story is Not Accurately Reported in the media. Can we please be considerate - a tragic accident has occurred, and the people who were involved in the accident have a high need for respect.

Those of us who knew Colin and were in the port that his body was taken to got to say a very terrible goodbye to him this morning. We are pretty upset, and we ask to to consider that the media reports are Wrong....
My sincere condolences.

Having had first hand experience, I can attest to the lack of accuracy in many media reports.

Unfortunately, sometimes the reading a post all the way through isn't as important as jumping to conclusions.

I know, I've been guilty of it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook