SailNet Community - View Single Post - Compass 28
Thread: Compass 28
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
Thanks, TD.

Duncanson... That makes sense. All his boats were pretty much the same - good looking sea boats with no storage space!

I'm glad to hear you had a good time on one and that they're not particualrly slow. Anything practical for sailing around Melbourne needs to be able to handle short chop and lousy weather, so if it'll do the Montague Island race, that's the kind of thing I'm after.

Lack of reverse can be dealt with, but the lack of storage might annoy the First Mate. We're hiring a Catalina 28 over the Queen's Birthday long weekend (a lot more space and in a higher $$$ bracket) so I'll see how she copes on that before deciding on the next move.
Well all you need to do is convince your better half that you do need the storage space and buy yourself a Catalina.

OTOH I know where you can pick up a good steel Van De Stadt 34 with lost of stowage space and less money than a Catalina.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook