SailNet Community - View Single Post - O.p.e.c.
Thread: O.p.e.c.
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008
SaltwaterSuzi/CapnLarry

LarryandSusanMacDonald will become famous soon enough
Talking O.p.e.c.

Saltwater Suzi and I went out for a sail last weekend. We were struck by the very few power boats we saw out and about. (Expensive fuel, maybe? There's a good side to everything!))

Other than little dinghy sized boats, I think we saw only four. This is on the Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis.

The four we saw were doing what they do - roaring through putting out a huge wake:the ones we used to call gassholes.

Discussion ensued among Captain and Crew, and we decided that they should now be called O.P.E.C. lovers. Which subsequently got shortened to O.P.E.C.'ers. And then we, for sake of brevity and clarity, further modified it to O'peckers. And then Smoky O'pecker.

This being a sailboat forum, I don't think we could offend too many (most sailboaters turned powerboaters are exceedingly polite and don't fall into the category of people we make fun of) I would like to know if any of you have come up for your own pet names for the rude, vulgar, nasty stinkboaters?

We could make a list:
  1. Gassholes
  2. Stinkboaters
  3. Smoky O'pecker
  4. Add yours here.
heheheheheheheheheh!

"A sailboat is a fickle mistress. You’ve got to buy her things. You’ve got to understand everything about her. What you don’t know she’ll use against you." -Captain Larry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook