SailNet Community - View Single Post - Adler Barb Owners... want a freezer?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
CD,

Nice upgrade. Well done!!

Of course, it helps that you have a front loader, i.e. a swing open door on the fridge. That's not the most common arrangement -- ours is strictly top access. But maybe I could find some way to create a second "trap door" at the bottom of an upper fridge compartment. All I'm looking for is the ability to make ice cubes for soft drinks, first aid, etc...

P.S. Do you know whether the fridge arrangement on the Catalina 42 is similar to yours, i.e. does it not have a separate freezer compartment inside the ice box?
Hi John,

I cannot remember if it is the same setup of not. I am pretty sure it has a front door. Regarding your setup, it really wouldnot be any different. The only exception is that you have to divide your box vertically instead of horizontally. It would actually be more efficient that way too.

The new Catalinas (on many models, like the 350 IIRC) have a freezer box on one side (with evaporator in there) along with adjustable holes to connect it to another box which acts as the fridge.

I bet you could make yours work the same.

I will see what I can do about some pics.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook