SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bleeding your Yanmar Engine
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by theartfuldodger View Post
I guess you never spoke with a mechanic, as there is a much easier way and cheaper and less complicated, one just needs bleeder screw, and hand vaccum pump down stream to accomplish all that you have show.

There is also something else sailors should be aware of is that there is out there diesel fuel with fish oil in it, which has been the cause of the last three engines that stop running, which I had to get going. The only thing that put me on to it was the smell, it didn't.
We would enjoy the write-up if it makes things that much easier. The instructions come from my experience with a mechanic. And actually the method works relatively quickly. I do not see how suctioning with a vacuum would do the trick. But you seem to always just throw ideas out there in my last two threads on the topic, none of which contributed anything positively to them.

If you have a faster and better way - then follow my lead and actually post the details of it and illustrate it. Otherwise... all I smell is something fishy...

Thanks to everyone else for the wonderful feedback - it is much appreciated.

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by artbyjody; 05-24-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook