SailNet Community - View Single Post - Spray Dodgers on a PSC37 - Inspiration
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008

arisatx is on a distinguished road
Spray Dodgers (Weather Cloths) on a PSC37 - Inspiration

There's a great thread over on the "list-server" part of the sailnet site, discussing Mods made by PSC owners to prepare for Offshore Cruising - started by B. Balme and with major contributions by S. Cross et al.

Link here and also continued here (Good Reading)

But along with the descriptions of the mods, there were many requests for pictures to be emailed. And while the list server is great for those of us lucky enough to be cruising full-time (text only conserves bandwidth), for the rest of us still tied to shore and for now having access to good bandwidth, pictures can really enhance the discussion.

So while this lame post doesn't really fit under the category of "Mods for Offshore" please bear with me, as I'm trying to figure out how to best incorporate pictures in my posts here on the SailNet site (thanks to our moderator - Camaraderie).

It all started with the purchase of a Sailrite sewing machine and Don Casey's bok on Canvaswork.

He has some "easy" projects in the early chapters, one of which was "Spray Dodgers". We saw a PSC37 anchored in the Grenadines this February and the couple on that boat looked so comfortably ensconced in their cockpit...
V42#186
s/v Little Wing

Last edited by arisatx; 05-25-2008 at 07:13 PM. Reason: to clarify "Spray Dodger"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook