Well, as I decided to post this project AFTER I actually sewed the dodgers together, I don't have any good "in construction" pictures.
Suffice it to say, I'd recommend Casey's book for instructions. I used the same Sunbrella acrylic fabric I had bough for other projects, V92 Polyester thread and #2 spur grommets and 1/8" dacron line to lace them onto the lifelines.
The SailRite site here
(no affiliation) has those spur grommets, installation tools and some nice online instructional videos.
Well I'm gonna have to drive up to the boat today to take pictures of the finished project to post here later.