SailNet Community - View Single Post - Running Rigging Plan
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
Ok here first is an explanation.

In thi model, the traveler is adjusted by hand. Swivel block and jam cleated. That's the most used main trim on my boat I wanted it to be easy. I'm thinking 8:1.

What about the vang? Also 8:1?

Main sheet is also a jam cleat on the traveler itself.

I'm not getting a chute till next year, so the starboard side will have some free real estate. But when I do, I'm gonna need a winch for the down haul on the pole right?

The concept of lead blocks is from Gui. http://www.sailnet.com/forums/307912-post.html

What sort of mechanical advantage would I need to have for a hand trimmed main sheet? I'm thinking 8:1.

Will sheeting in the main by hand above the companionway really be a pain? (I rarely single hand but it will happen....) - I don't want to move the traveler, but I don't think I want to trim my main by winch either...

I'll have a load more detailed questions about brands, line sizes etc. later. Right now I'd like to get a first pass at the 10,000 foot view...

Where would I mount preventers?

Some things were just easier on a 24' boat!

What am I forgetting? I'm sure I'm about to have a head slapper...

Thanks all,
Craig
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by craigtoo; 05-24-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: another question...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook