SailNet Community - View Single Post - Had kind of a scary day today
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Sure makes one wonder how the early explorers got around, not knowing where the rocks are and not having an auxilary engine.

I brought my dive gear along this weekend, figuring I would change the zincs and give the bottom a scrub. After anchoring at Hope Island and changing the zincs I went down to check the anchor. I found our chain was wrapped around an old crab pot. It was full of crab but it's closed season right now, so I let 'em loose and tied a line to it to recover it and then offered it to some campers on the Island. They had been going back and forth all evening checking their shrimp gear. So after dark we were sitting in the cockpit, eating popcorn and having a drink and the campers came by with a bucket of shrimp for us. Looks like fresh shrimp for dinner tomorrow when the kids come out and raft up to us. Guess that would be the silver lining. We'll limp on home on Monday. Hope the rest of you have a nice weekend.
Cheers.
La Conner, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook