SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone know how to set up this roller furler
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 05-26-2008
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,192
Thanks: 50
Thanked 38 Times in 37 Posts
Rep Power: 17
Originally Posted by somers12 View Post
I found these in my boat. If the picture don't show up, one item is a cylinder with coiled rope and the other is the top connector. Both swivel about their top and bottoms. I'm now sure its a roller furler system. The name "Sapphire" is stenciled on the roller. My boat is a Chrysler 22. Both my jib and genoa have wire in their luffs. I believe its a free flying system as there was no type of extrusion with the unit.I'm unsure if I should find a way to connect the system using my jib/genoa haul up, or connect it directly to where my forestay is connected. Apparently I can't post a picture yet.

Thanks... Steve
You would normally use the halyard for this type of system.
Attach the bottom to your tack ring or shackle. Usually just aft of where your headstay attaches.
Don't remove your headstay.
knothead is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome