SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine Autopilot Remotes
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Fwiw..

For what it's worth I hated mine, spoke with Raymarine and was told they had no fix for my issue so I returned it.

When I turn on the remote I have made a choice to have it on and in STBY mode or AUTO. I DID NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT THESE UNITS TURN OFF AFTER A FEW MINUTES if you are not in AUTO mode!!! Turning it back on required the remote "finding" the base, and syncing with it, which could sometimes take 45 seconds or more. It was a ROYAL pain in the ASS!!

I sail where there are lots of lobster pots and this remote SUCKED for this type of application where I would often put it in STBY for a few minutes to sail through a thick area, then I would want to hit the button, to resume AUTO mode the unit had turned its self OFF thus requiring a re-boot!!

Hey Raymarine how about adding user programmable "auto off" parameters with intervals up to at least 60 minutes!!! You've had numerous complaints about this now learn to listen to your customers and FIX IT!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 05-26-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook