SailNet Community - View Single Post - Last trip was almost the last trip.
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008
C&C 34

MysticGringo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to MysticGringo Send a message via AIM to MysticGringo Send a message via Yahoo to MysticGringo Send a message via Skype™ to MysticGringo
Last trip was almost the last trip.

I haven't posted in a long time, been around though, listening and watching. But, I thought it was time to stop leaching off the community, and atleast give back some.

The first sail of the season for us was a few weeks ago... and it was almost the last. I have not learned so much in a week since I was in school. So many things went bad, and so many things could have gone so much worse. Rather than bore anybody here, I posted a trip report to my blog, its a bit long, but might prove to be a decent read for some of you. My girlfriend is awesome, (she's the last photo on the blog), she kept her cool, didn't freak... and actually claims to have had a good time.

Even though it was not the most pleasant or relaxing trip, I had an awesome time, and am now way more confident than I was before. I wouldn't change that trip for anything actually... because now I know I can deal with things, and make decisions (not always the right ones) when needed.

So, how difficult is it to replace a broken steering cable? Its an Edison wheel, with a chain at the wheel which connects to the cable. I didn't crawl all the way through to where it connects to the rudder, so I am not sure what that connection is like. The cable is broken about 6 inches from its connection to the chain on the one side. Any advice?

Feels good to post here again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook