SailNet Community - View Single Post - Last trip was almost the last trip.
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008
C&C 34

MysticGringo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to MysticGringo Send a message via AIM to MysticGringo Send a message via Yahoo to MysticGringo Send a message via Skype™ to MysticGringo
SD... thanks for the advice. Didn't think about the vent being clogged... gotta figure out how to clear that now. Sounds fun.

I am planning on adding color to all the bleed screws so I know where they are at night with a headlamp. I didn't think about a little bulb pump... but that does sound like a nice idea. I would like to find a better way to top off the fuel-filter without trying to pour fuel out of a 5 gal jug. Maybe this bulb pump is just the right idea.

I will check out the Lavacs and add it to my list. I have more important things on their right now though. Not leaving the marina without the emergency tiller... and maybe a spare head for it. Funny thing about the emergency tiller, I was stowing gear and gave alot of thought to shoving that under a bunk somewhere, and pile a bunch of stuff infront of it... I mean, when was I ever going to use it. Glad that my second thought was that when I did need it, I would need it right now.

As for the hatch... I think it was closed, but wasn't locked completely, and ended up popping open.

Maria is definitely a keeper. She has more fun when the boat is heeled over, and cruising over the waves... she's awesome. I just ordered Changing Course for her, as I want to live on the boat.

I can't wait for the next thing I will learn about sailing, just hope its one thing at a time next time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook