SailNet Community - View Single Post - Last trip was almost the last trip.
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
A lot of having things go well have to do with massive amounts of preparation, which, if you don't own the boat, you really never see or realize.

Cam-

Going out in near gale force winds could seem idyllic if nothing breaks compared to what he went through...

Quote:
The thing I didn't like the sound of was when we came into port, and I told a guy who helped us when we got in about all the issues... he said, yup, seems normal. Having an issue or two is normal I think... having that many was not normal in my opinion. I grew up on boats, power boats, game fishing and diving. We never had this number of issues crop up in one trip... which gave me new respect for my dad and his preparation, and made me realize I need to do alot of work getting my boat set up more reliably.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook