SailNet Community - View Single Post - Memorial Day Weekend
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
We had a great weekend.
Replaced the main sail on Saturday morning. It was a bit of work getting the old one out. Had a great sail on Saturday evening.
Nice slow sail on Sunday afternoon followed by an impromptu party/BBQ with most of the dock on Sunday evening.
Lots of boat chores mixed in along with helping out the neighbors with various projects. Cleaned the boat on Monday to get ready for next weekend, than spent the afternoon lounging around poolside and in the hot tubs.

Memorial day weekend around here does not sound as crazy as your Memorial Day weekend. I would have to guess that it is due to the fact that our season is not quite yet in full swing. Lots of boaters are just getting started now. In fact, our lake water temperatures are still in the mid forties. In the marina on Sunday it was warm, in the eighties, people were in the pool, but on the lake, we were in sweaters and jackets. It was very cold.

Fourth of July around us is when it gets crazy like that; Still too early here.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook