SailNet Community - View Single Post - Memorial Day Weekend
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008

nk235 is on a distinguished road
Spent all 4 days and three nights on the new boat cruising around LI Sound. Spent two nights in Smithtwon then crossed over and went to Milfrod CT on the last night. What a nice town / marina. Stayed at Milford Landing which is only a transient Marina so everyone was down on their boats hanging out and partying. Gorgeous weather which is nice for a change since every single weekend has been kinda nasty.

Did witness some of what CruisingDad and Kwalters were talking about...all power boaters too...saw one guy forget to connect his safety/tow cable to his 24 foot runabout and it flopped right onto the hard concrete after he tried pulling it out of the water on the trailer....saw another guy with about 8 people in a 21 foot bow rider with the fenders flopping madly around as he gunned it right passed me...and ran right onto a nice smooth sand bar outside the perfectly marked channel. I guess he thought the red and green bouy's were for show?

I really enjoyed the weekend though as it was the first nice one with the new boat. Going from 25' to 32' is sooooo much nicer
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook