SailNet Community - View Single Post - Last trip was almost the last trip.
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
You said ..

Quote:
Lesson #2: Carry 2 spares for everything. When something breaks, have the spare, and have the second spare for when the first spare breaks while waiting for the order.
I wanted to add here that another way of doing this that I have read about and now try to do myself is when you buy a spare, install it! Then use your original as the spare. That way you know how to install it, you know you have the tools to install it, you know you have all of the parts you need, etc.

Working on a boat isn't like working on a home project. At home you can just jump in the car and run to the hardware store to pick up that little washer you dropped, or the screw that the manufacturer neglected to send along, etc. On a boat it's often .. well, slightly more difficult to get to the hardware store.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wind_magic; 05-28-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook