SailNet Community - View Single Post - Last trip was almost the last trip.
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008

Sasha_V will become famous soon enough
All the way through the ending, where you were motoring into the marina I was expecting the next thing to be the same as what happened to me once...

We had just a finished a major overhaul including lovely two pack paint on topsides and deck. Fresh varnish on the rub rail, the whole works.
So we need to motor away form the working area and back into the normal berth. Easiest way to do this si also the most fun, just motor all the way out through the canal and then turn around in open water and come back in and take the canal branch to "home". Did al the geting out part, needed to give the engine some extra revs after the turn around to come back into the canal on a wave, once in immedieatly go to slow the motor and find the throttle is jammed wide open! (well, it was once I jiggled it, it wouldn't decrease, so I gave it a shove to loosen it, it went into wide open just fine, and wouldn't come any way back at all.) So we are blasting along this narrow canal, the diesel does not have a kill switch that works independently of the throttle and we are in a boat that has just cost a fortune to make pretty. No room to turn around....Scant second to do anything at all. It was interestiing.

I was so expecting you to get there with your tale too.

Glad you didn't.

Sasha

P.S It all turned out fine for us too.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook