SailNet Community - View Single Post - About SP Cruiser
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008

slikyrik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up sp cruiser

Hi, I have sailed my SP cruiser in the UK for a year now. It is astonishingly sea kindly and stiff. I have experienced a couple of gales when 20 miles offshore without feeling concerned. She sails very well on any type of reach, runs ok but is a little limited pointing. She also needs early reefing due to her shallow long keel. She motors superbly and motor sails equally well.
The accomodation works well other than the second cabin is noisy if under motor at night with the engine under a berth-albeit with great access.
My only frustration with the boat is not being able to see the sails when setting or reefing.
Nevertheless she is superbly built, well designed and equally suited for (rare in the UK) very hot days, very wet days and very cold days. She will nurture you whatever! I sound like an Island Packet employee but am simply a very satisfied owner. If you want a fast boat under sail this is not the one, however its by no means slow - but if you want a supremely competent all rounder it certainly is. Do post if you have specific questions. As an example I leave tomorrow to take my boat from the south coast of England back home to the tip of Wales. It journey of about 320 miles that we will do two man in one leg in comfort. I wouldnt relish it in an open cockpit. We anticipate force 5-6 winds and moderate seas and she will love it!
regards, Ray

Last edited by slikyrik; 05-28-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook