SailNet Community - View Single Post - Feminine Issues
Thread: Feminine Issues
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008

Yofy is on a distinguished road
I am a woman and I have been cruising and travelling around the world most of my adult life. In countries where contraception is legal, you should not have any problem seeing a doctor and filling your perscription. You MIGHT not be able to get the exact same perscription and that could be an issue. Often you can find a family planning clinic that is staffed by foreign (read western) medical staff.

In any case you will want to talk to your doctor in advance. Be open about your travel plans as you will need to discuss other perscription medication for your emergency first aid kit too. Normally they are able to go a long way in helping you get a good supply on hand up front. Carry an alternative barrier method as well for backup.

Plan ahead, if you do plan to spend time in countries where contraception is illegal. For example, if you plan to sail to Africa, then stock up on contraceptive supplies in Thailand or Israel or another country along the way. Talk to cruising women on site, they will know about availability.

Same with tampons or pads. Take as many as you can before you leave. Empty them out of their cardboard packaging and double pack them in zip lock bags. They will take up less space. They are readily available in western countries as well as many other countries. When you find what you want stock up.

Robyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook