SailNet Community - View Single Post - I'm a new member from New Rochelle New York
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008

roy1948 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to roy1948
Gosh, I really appreciate all the feedback I've received thus far. One of first decisions will be to get a good navigation system. I'm looking at several Garmin units and also Raymarine and Lorance chartplotters. Is there any consensus among owners of boats which type would be particularly good for coastal passage making along the Atlantic coast, particular for a beginning sailer in the inter coastal waterway? I've noticed that some folks are loading the charts in their PCs and hooking a gps up to it. One of things in this regard that I wonder about is the accuracy of units without external antennas. Someone, earlier recommended having a small inexpensive gps kept in a water tight container on board, which also sounds like very good advice. I am really pleased at the cordiality I've received from fellow boat owners thus far, I appreciate it very much. Thanks to everyone that has taken their time to give me their thoughts and advice. I need all the help I can get.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook