SailNet Community - View Single Post - Adler Barbour Troubleshooting (LED Flash)
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008
Grasshopper

JiffyLube is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortAwesomeIII View Post
OK, here's a progress report... The info at kollman-marine.com was incredibly valuable at determining my problem:

Looks like after testing the input voltage(OK, 12VDC or above), Fan(OK, will cause start abortion if drawing above 1 amp), and compressor(OK, the Danfoss unit should have the same resistance between all pins and have an open circuit between the pins and compressor body), it seems that the DB50 control module is faulty. From my limited research, It looks like the module is about $350. A new supercoldmachine is a little less than $800. I went ahead and ordered a new unit just to be sure everything will be operational. In my opinion, the compressor and the rest excepting the control module is good. If anyone has a unit with a bad compressor or other problem that could still have a good module, I would be interested in buying it.

Also, I ordered a 31Q Waeco Drawer fridge that I am going to install in an unused place to further increase my cold storage capacity. I have a 14Q Engel Deep Freeze that works great for meats, frozen drink mixes and such. I will use the drawer fridge for cheese, yogurt, or any other refrigerated food item, and I am going to use the existing fridge with the new Super Cold Machine for beverages only. I've got some starboard that I plan on dividing the fridge up with. Previously, I have had a LOT of room in the fridge but only a portion was usuable due to the layout. I'm planning on maximizing the room with the division.

Thanks everyone for the help!
While you were checking out the kollman site I was searching for a module for my older coldmachine...since Alder Barbour doesn't make mine anymore. I found the site for Frigoboat that shows the module that I'm looking for Frigoboat Home Page , and it cost $225.00. There is another site by Coastal Climate Control that is affilated with Frigoboat that tells more about the module Coastal Climate Control: Control module 12VDC 4-pin for all Danfoss BD3 and earlier compressors . This module is a 12VDC 4-pin for all Danfoss BD3 and earlier compressors.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook