SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seattle area newbies
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe95 View Post
I'm wondering how much boat might be too much to "handle" for a first boat. I've driven power boats up to 35 feet, but I realize there's a lot more going on with a sailboat.

Ron
If you have handled a 35 footer then a 35 foot sailboat will be no problem as you are already aware of the cost versus size for moorage, and docking it is slightly different but nothing you can not manage. As for being sailing, there is no big learning curve over a smaller sailboat versus a 35 footer... Just my opinion having jumped from a 27 to a 38 footer myself. My challenge was docking not the actual handling it while in open water...

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook