SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau 351 Oceanis 351
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008
Reforming Stinkpotter

captainjay is on a distinguished road
Ok,
I went to Tortola yesterday and looked at the boats. The Beneteau got sold but it is just as well as I didn't want to take on the repairs. I did look a Jeanneau Sun Oddessy that we are real interested in. It is in need of TLC but has no major issues. I have the benefit of a full survey and sea trial done at a previous buyers expense.
What are the opinions of the boat. We will be using it for weekends around the Virgins and a week or two cruise a couple of times a year. The boat is very basic in systems. 12 V Plate fridge. Almost nonexist 110. It has a shore power cord wired directly to a charger, installed by the charter company to keep the batteries topped off at the dock. The boat was a bare boat charter boat for five years then the owner has used it six months a year for the last three years. It has the normal cosmetic issue you would expect based on its age.
Also the yanmar has 6000 hours on it. How does this stack up. The transmision was replaced three years ago. Sails are average. The jib needs some repair to the sail cover.
I can buy the boat for $20000 less than the current survey value.
Jay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook