SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are boat owners/sailors overly anal?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Quote:
One time knowing we were going to hit weather, and I was going to be stuck at the helm, I had asked for things to be stowed below, and made shipshape. I was assured it was... after the trip, I looked below... stuff was everywhere. All I said was "this is why I wanted to be sure stuff was stored properly".
On one of our first boats, there wasn't enough storage to secure things for bumpy weather, so part of the prep for a rough crossing was to throw everything on the cabin sole, because that's where it was going to end up. We used to laugh about it, but nothing got broken that way.

Quote:
My wife thinks so - especially with my preference for properly making up all unused running rigging lines and neatly coiling excess deck & docklines.

Although, our puppy never complained
I was wondering how many others had wives that were experts on all matters on the boat. It's just like when we're driving somewhere and she's always telling me that the car ahead of us is "braking". I keep telling her it's amazing that I don't rear end everybody when she's not driving from the back seat.
La Conner, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook