SailNet Community - View Single Post -
Thread:
View Single Post
post #45 of Old 09-01-2003 Thread Starter
Jeffamc

Magnusmurphy you said that i am stupid and "you''ll think back on this discussion and you will cry into your pillow." but why, could you or someone eles tell me why i am going to make a huge mistake? I am looking at it like i will save alot of money, buy a inexpensive sailboat(under $40,000) 27-40ft. Put atleast $10,000 in the bank, then after that i will be able to sail. Find some odd jobs when the $10,000 runs out. I am not really seeing the huge mistake in this. If it is a smaller boat u wont need as much fuel, even some people go engineless- thats a HUGE savings. Then other then that its just paying for food, mabey docking or use anchorages, and then paying for other governmental rip offs. It just looks like a easy life to me, i mean my father graduated from high school and became a machinist- he hated it it was hell to him worked for the company for 25 years. My brother graduated from high school and does masonary- he hates it. Alot of famous people are high school dropouts actors, scientists, inventors, musicians, ect. The criminal lifestyle does not require a highschool diapolma, its just the chance of going to prison for 1-100 years makes it not a good idea. Im looking at sailing as just a good life style, i think its better then working as a full time laborer for some corporation. If I am sounding very immature and naive to whomever is reading this, reply and knock common sense into me.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome