SailNet Community - View Single Post -
Thread:
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003

aggiemom39 is on a distinguished road
Jeff--I am curious about one thing.How much sailing experience have you had? In all your posts, I read how you think that sailing will be an "easy" and "cheap" life. I don''t see anywhere that you LOVE sailing, or in fact have a passion about anything except complaining about how hard life is at the grand old age of 17-18. It sounds like perhaps your father and brother haven''t set fantastic examples, but here is a little fact: LIFE IS NOT EASY AND WE ALL HAVE ADVERSITIES in our lives. I won''t bore you with mine, but I rose above some rough times as a teenager; that''s called growing up. I have a teen-aged son, and have to prod him from time-to-time to not take the easiest route in school, to stretch himself to make the most of his abilites. I see him maturing, one step forward, sometimes two steps back, but he is beginning to realize that perhaps his parents ARE RIGHT and that sometimes the easiest way is not the best way in the long run. You are too young to limit your options. At least get your GED, and look into some trade like others have suggested. Perhaps you aren''t meant for Yale, but it doesn''t mean that you aren''t cut out for other training in a good field. Find your passion in life, and try to soar, not just get by.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook