SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seattle area newbies
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Yep, what marty says is basically a good surmise. You really need to tabulate what kind of cruising you want. Myself I went with the 38 Barberis as I was tired of not having amenities on my Catalina 27, and I had the old boat so decked out adding the amenities -she rode about 2 inches above spec'd waterline. Beyond the increase in fees (which I never really got hit with because I rented a 38 foot slip for my 27 footer), the major challenge is in the docking and handling the high freeboard during such. So, my new one is a balance of performance and comfort while cruising...

But there sure are a plethora of options out there... you'll know it when you see it. I don't do all the races as of yet - but do participate in the Thursday Night races at Elliott Bay. More than welcome to hitch a ride...

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook