SailNet Community - View Single Post -
Thread:
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003

jbarros is on a distinguished road
I''ve been speaking with Jeff for over a year now. He''s still yet to set foot aboard a sailing vessle, although he lives 20 miles from the coast. but he''s young, and he IS smart, and he''s learning. He just questions EVERYTHING, which can be frustrating at times, but if you show him something concrete, he''ll listen.

When I originaly met him, he was going to drop out of highschool, never have a job, build a boat out of wood he found in the forest, and live on fish.

Now he has a job, is saving money for a boat, and wants to live minimaly.

Personaly, I think he should GET ON A BOAT!!!! and read Voyaging on a small income, everything by the Pardee''s, and the like, so he can understand whats involved in the type of minimalist sailing life he wants. It can be done on little income, (albeit not the interest on 10,000) but it takes discipline, hard work, and a special dedication. It''s best to learn this from working on boats, and doing small passages on other peoples dimes, on their boats, rather than trying to buy something you cant afford for something you dont know if you want to do, especialy when you dont have a clue how to do it.

On happyness, I belive The good Mr. Leary said it best:

God.. "I''m just not happy. I''m just not happy. I''m just not happy because my life didn''t turn out the way I thought it would." Hey! Join the ******* club, ok!? I thought I was going to be the starting center fielder for the Boston Red Socks. Life sucks, get a ******* helmet, allright?! "I''m not happy. I''m not happy." Nobody''s happy, ok!? Happiness comes in small doses folks. It''s a cigarette, or a chocolate cookie, or a five second orgasm. That''s it, ok! You cum, you eat the cookie, you smoke the butt, you go to sleep, you get up in the morning and go to ******* work, ok!? That is it! End of ******* list! "I''m just not happy." Shut the **** up, allright?

Jeff, you listening to these people?

-- James
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook