SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lauralee: Here''s your fix.
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003

VIEXILE is on a distinguished road
Lauralee: Here''''s your fix.

Like I said, it''s worked every year, and all the system voids get filled without putting fuel all over the engine. Haven''t cracked the lines yet except to put new tips on the injectors. That''s what the two bleed screws on the back of the engine are for. Nothing in the manual about cracking the injector lines, although the manual perceives someone turning over the engine, which, given the foregoing flywheel warning, and it IS a beast of a flywheel, ain''t my idea of a good time when you''re hanging over it trying to reach the bleed screws. Can''t see much complicated about pumping a foot pump and closing two screws. I''d hate to think about loosening injector lines and retightening them while drifting around when I''ve got a quick fix that doesn''t require turning the engine over. I HAVE cracked the injectors on other motors, Perkins, Yanmar, but simply pressurizing this one and using the bleed screws seems to work just fine. Matter of fact, I just fired the thing in Maine after 2 years on hard prepping it for transport down to the Carib. 1 shot of pumping and bleeding and she purred like a . . . well, not a kitten anyway. KW
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook