SailNet Community - View Single Post - Singlehanding...
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Sorry Arbarnhart, we're on to you...and we're just going to have to burn you at the stake.... what you're suggesting is heresy.... Actually, I'm a much bigger fan of sailing than varnishing, and am trying to get rid of all the external wood on my boat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbarnhart View Post
Steve,

That is where I am to some degree with my boat with one major wrinkle. I have decided to do a pretty full refurb. I am going to repair all the deck surface cracks, fill and fair all the little dings (there are no major ones) on the deck, sides and bottom and repaint. Before I do this, I am doing some additional fitting out. The N17 is a pretty basic boat. It has a lot going for it if you have to limit yourself to very small boats that can do some short coastal cruising. It's light enough to tow with just about anything, can launch/beach in very shallow water, the mast can easily be stepped by one person and it has good sailing character. Search around and you will see what I mean. But back to it being basic. I am looking at other boats and thinking about things I really wish I had and then deciding if it is something I can do. When I do the the fairing and painting, some things that I have done in wood are going to get a coat of epoxy and paint and look like fiberglass (shhh! ). This might be one of those things...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook