SailNet Community - View Single Post - Recipes anyone?
Thread: Recipes anyone?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008

Yofy is on a distinguished road
Wow! Rick those seafood kabobs have me drooling.

I said I'd like to share recipes so here goes.
If you are cruising or living aboard in an area where you can get fennel, this is a great way to use canned sardines and fresh ones are even better. You can also substitute celery for fennel in a pinch.

Pasta con le Sarde
1 large-ish yellow onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium sized bulb of fresh fennel
1 can sardines
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped fine
a good handful of fresh parsely, chopped fine
freshly ground pepper
olive oil
whole wheat spaghetti

Fill large pot with enough water to cook pasta and bring to a boil. Drop in fennel and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove fennel bulb with slotted spoon and drain in colander. Turn off heat and Reserve water.

When fennel cools, dice.

Heat olive oil in pan and saute onions and garlic on medium low heat. When they begin to soften add fennel and continue to saute. After 2 or 3 minutes add sardines and walnuts.

Meanwhile bring pasta water back to a boil and cook pasta till al dente.

Break up sardines with the back of spoon while they saute. Add 1 cup of pasta water and stir. Add a generous amount of freshly ground pepper and parsely. Saute and stir for a couple of more minutes and the sauce is done.

Drain pasta and mix with sauce. Serves 2.

Robyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook