You said impromptu happy hour...so that means items that should be something you would likely have on-board all the time, and require no cooking
That's a tough one considering the criteria...
especially if you don't have 24 hour refrigeration on-board like myself. Even if you do and your a weekend sailor you probably don't leave much more on board other than condiments & beer. Maybe some cheese's, and things like crackers & nuts? I can't think of much other than that...but if your willing to do a little planning ahead...most of the following require no or little cooking and assembly:
- Caprese Salad: Sliced Tomato & Fresh Mozzarella topped with basil, serve on/or with Olive oil, balsamic, and bread/toasted bread. Easy!
- Prosciutto & Melon: Cantaloupe wrapped with prosciutto ham, easier to eat if you put em on a toothpick
- Ceviche: Fresh fish or shellfish, marinated with citrus
- Carpaccio: Raw Beef/Lamb usually a tenderloin or loin cut, sear outside if desired, chill, slice thin, thin, thin, serve with capers, sliced onion and a mustard mayonnaise and toasted bread or the bagel chips mentioned.
- Belgian Endive with Smoked Salmon: Puree or chop the smoked salmon and mix with your cream cheese/marscapone cheese and spoon/pipe on the bottom end of the endive leaf, top with chive if your so inclined
- Fig & Walnut Bruschetta: Soften some blue cheese, spread on some toast, top with a half of fig and some chopped walnuts
- Cucumber Tea Sandwich: Spread white/wheat bread with dill flavored butter (both pieces), peel & slice cucumber and lay on bread, top with bread, slice crust off to form a square, then cut on diagonal to make 2 or 4 triangular mini tea sandwiches. Very light and refreshing bite!
- Smoked Trout with horseradish dip/spread & crackers.
- Charcuterie(sausages, salami, pate's terrine's) Platter serve sliced with cornichones. Buy at your local butcher or specialty shop, can be expensive and hard to find quality in some area's. Wegmans has some good stuff.
Just a few things that I could think of at the moment...will edit as them come to mind