SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bought a furler - Install tips?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
NOt sure about the model furler you bought, but do you have to cut the bottom terminal to install the foil? You might want to replace the forestay if it is older, or if had a previous foil istalled. In my case, when I replaced the furler on my boat I couldn't easily get the old foil off. It was much easier to replace (not much $$$ either) and start anew.

FYI - when it came time to install the foil sections on my boat, I found that I could assemble them and then push them one by one up the forestay. I then assembled the next and connected it to the bottom of the previous one. When I got to the last section I was able to measure the distance from the drum to the bottom of the last next to last foil section. I then made the cut, removed all the sections, and reinstalled with the short cut section at top. This made sure the foil sections and the drum fit together the way they were intended. Bottom line, its not rocket science. If I can do it, anyone can.