SailNet Community - View Single Post - rebedding stanchions
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesail99 View Post
The key word here is access permitting. As far as using a rechargeable impact driver, good luck in keeping the screw driver in the slot on the bolt, up top. Most of the bolts have a slotted head.
I do this from under the deck on the nuts not from the top on the screws. So far, with ratchet extensions and or knuckles, I have been able to reach each and every stanchion base on my boat and re-bed every single one with only the impact driver and no screw driver or wrench is used on deck..

The whole point of me using the impact driver is it makes it an easy one person job without having to use Gorilla Tape and a pair of Vise Grips...

BTW if an impact driver will not fit, a pair of needle nose Vise Grips and Gorilla Tape will. Simply taping the vise grips to the underside of the deck, clamping the nut, with this tenacious tape has worked every single time for me.. Quick and easy but not as quick and easy as an impact driver..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook