SailNet Community - View Single Post - Okay Ladies, I need some advice ......
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008

NauticalFishwife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NauticalFishwife
I don't watch Dr. Phil and yet I've caught myself reading this! MUST be the heat! John, you sound like a nice guy... and you sound like you need work...and are a bit lonely. I would tend to follow the rule of "don't dip your pen in the company ink" - I would approach this as a business relationship until proven something else. Do NOT give her a special discount for the work, or if she throws in dinner or the ink well ... I couldn't agree with Ed and Eryka more. I've seen this happen before, women taking advantage of someone to get a bit of work done on the boat. Now, the flip side of this- I hired someone to do some work-we have become friends (friend of my husbands too) and I no longer hire him to do work for me. It was just too easy for my work order to go to the bottom of the list because of being a friend. I didn't get mad, I simply hire someone else. And if you're a nice guy, and you seem to be, the lonely part will take care of itself. Be patient. People are treasures and we stumble across the greatest ones when we aren't digging for them. Wow-if we could only charge like Dr Phil!

Martha
Calypso-Dickerson 37
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook